Saturday, June 4, 2011

Figured it might be nice to give you all a short update:

I'm sitting in Josh's house in upstate NY right now, relaxing and eating leftover Easter jellybeans.

My flights were smooth and were great for me, although the flight to Detroit got a little scary as one passenger had a pretty serious medical emergency midflight. They actually did the "if there's a doctor or nurse on board, please come to the front of the plane!" thing.

SO for those playing along at home: I left Incheon at 520 on June 2nd, and then thanks to some speedy flying and tailwinds I arrived in Detroit at 430pm. I felt like a Time Lord.

I had a long layover in Detroit which was mostly spent feeling dazed. I did get some Wendy's for dinner, for one because it just felt right to eat America fast food. It was also my cheapest option. While I think Korea's inexpensiveness is exaggerated, it was kinda annoying to have to pay $2.30 for a bottle of water instead of the 70 cents I got so used to paying!

Suffice to say I'm very happy to be back. It was great to wake up at 4am this morning and hear birds. I'll probably get sick of that really fast. But birds and the occasional coyote is a welcome change from cat fights, dog fights, revving motorcycles, and of course: early morning construction.

I feel as though this will probably be it for me, as far as posting goes. Maybe I'll do some comparisons here and there as I think of them, but my journeys ended.
To quote an amazing children's book ('Pigs in the House): Although it had been fun to roam, it was good to be back home.

Thanks for reading along, I hope you enjoyed it!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment