Monday, November 15, 2010

Lyn to the Rescue (again)

My life has been pretty boring as of recently. The wedding was really interesting, but I wasn't as excited as Hannah was about it, so she did the blog. Plus, I spent most of the wedding spacing out a bit and playing peek-a-boo with small children. I also spent the entire reception picking at my food (I apparently have major stomach anxiety with large crowds I don't know) and making faces at Mr. Lee's adorable small child. I don't have Korean friends (yet, that may change shortly...maybe) so I don't get kidnapped. However, I am known to come to Hannah's rescue on occasion and save her. It's happened a couple times, nothing really huge (except that one time I saved her life in sophomore year ;) I'm that cool).

So tonight I was sitting, reading stuff on my computer, waiting for my next episode of Hellcats to load when I got a Skype message from Hannah:

[9:59:30 PM] Hannah Kolesar: lyn...
[9:59:51 PM] Lyn Berman: yes?
[10:00:03 PM] Hannah Kolesar: can i ask the most awkward favor ever?
[10:00:10 PM] Lyn Berman: go right ahead

I was expecting something like asking for a back massage, or something along those lines. Maybe a followup to one of the questions I had to answer so she could make a poster to show her Grade 6 students what she was talking about when she explained their project. Instead I got this:

[10:00:19 PM] Hannah Kolesar: can you come kill my dinner for me?

Those abalones from the blog yesterday still were not dead. So I got my coat on, slipped on a pair of flip-flops and trekked across the parking lot to her apartment. Once there, with the aid of a spoon and a newly sharpened knife I got the abalone out of it's shell and cut of it's head so that Hannah could eat her dinner. While she had her back turned after noticing it leaking (either blood or stomach juice, not sure which). I'm not gonna go into any more detail but I was highly amused by the situation. That's about all I have to say. So I will end my story there.

~Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment