Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Don't Touch That, Don't Touch That, sit DOWN sit DOWN

My third graders have turned my discipline techniques into a song complete with an interpretive dance. They do a damn good imitation of me, and it's pretty cute to watch them shimmy as they chant my most repeated phrases "Sit down, don't touch that, stop throwing things, be quiet, stop talking." They're a hyper bunch, but even with their begging for candy and puzzles and the sheer amount of time I have to spend herding them (it's like herding cats. I taught them that phrase today) they are still one of my best classes, academically and behavior wise.

Honestly, not much has happened since my last post, things are very routine, and not even my complaints change. Even with the N. Korea tension, things in Gwangju are still proceeding exactly as usual.

My big announcement for this entry is that I will be beginning radio silence for about two weeks, I'm sure Lyn will update at least once in that time but you won't be hearing anything from this fish. At this end of that two week period you'll get a big, long update in which I recount all the fantastic adventures I plan to have in that time period.

I hope all is well back home! Don't worry about us here in S. Korea too much, I'm sure the US media has been making things sound scarier than they are.
Keep calm and carry on!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment