Sunday, September 25, 2011

In Which Life Has Exploded

Or Kindies Are Exhausting.

So, a bunch has happened since I last got online to post. We had 추석, Chuseok in Roman letters, which, if you'll recall from this time last year, is basically Korean Thanksgiving. I went up to Seoul for it and made new friends from Germany and Malaysia and some other teachers here in Korea, except different cities. Yay new friends~! As always. That aside, it was a fun time. I wandered around a bit with a friend I made the first time I was in Seoul. We had fun even if the one thing I was looking for was probably closed and we couldn't find the other thing I wanted to see. Yay, non-existent planning skills. I eneded up at the National museum again, which was awesome, they had some new things which were wicked cool. I compared Mediterraean pottery and Korean/Asian pottery in my brain and felt like a complete geek/nerd. I'm probably going back because there's an exhibit that wasn't there yet that I want to see. So I'll be there again next weekend (it's a three day) probably.

Rosh Hashanah is almost here so I will say Shana Tova to everyone now. Yom Kippur is on a weekend and I'm ridiculously excited about that. I just looked at my calander so I felt the need to add that in.

In other news, my boss is friends with the boss at a Kindergarten school, ages 3-6, I think, so I'm now part-timing there three mornings a week. Monday and Tuesday it's 11-1 and Thursday its 1130-1, and they feed me lunch with the little ones. Its so freaking frustrating. The language barrier is ridiculous, their attention span is non-existent, and they take up so much energy. It's not all bad, I do enjoy the little kids, I love small children, it's just hard. After I have to go to ELC and do my normal classes, ugh, so much energy, Haha, I'm enjoying it. I had been complaining about too much free time, I guess this is a case of "careful what you wish for." I can't teach them, though, because they're so young, it's mostly playing with the hopes of them learning as we go. Also, they don't seem to understand that I don't know Korean very well so they'll say something in Korean and then looked expectantly at me. On the plus side no swearing in those classes like I have to deal with in my normal classes.

Work is going well. we're doing this special review class thingy for the middle school students because they have midterms coming up. It's boring for all involved, but it helps them and that's all that really matters. As an update. I do not work Saturdays. I got a new, rewritten, contract about it and everything. They're playing around with the schedule and that's one of the things they're playing with. Van and everyone else still has to go in, but I don't. I feel kinda bad, but I'm not going to complain because, even though I got a bit of a pay cut, no Saturdays! It's worth less money and a little guilt.

Insomnia and I made friends again, but I'm really trying to end the friendship firmly this time. It just can't seem to take a hint. I ended up not sleeping on Friday night, and then I drifted in and out from 8:30Am until a bit past noon with fake sleep. On Saturday, after being social downtown I went to bed at midnight and woke up at noon-thirty. Which was bad because I was volunteering at brunch at the First Alleyway restaurant. I was supposed to go in at 11. It ended up being ok, and I got there around 1 and helped out until closing. Tim gave me cooking things so all I need to do is rearrange my furniture a bit and I'm all settled in for the year. That's all for now.

Happy thoughts~
~Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment