Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hell Week, Awesome Weekend

First of all I would like to point out and apologize because the date/times on our posts have been way off. I fixed it. On to the actual post.

So, this week isn't as bad for me as it is for Hannah, but it's still my worst week, sort of. I'm a little odd with my classes. My B Week classes (this past week), are my less advanced classes. They like me better then my A Week classes on the whole, but they are ridiculous to control. And by ridiculous I mean nearly impossible. My A Week classes I like better because they listen a little better, but for the most part they don't like me. It amuses me. Anyway. I'm glad that I'm done with this week, it was worse then normal.

On Saturday we went to the Gwangju Food Festival. It was AMAZING. They had food from Greece, Japan, Thailand, The Philippines, Russia, North America, Nepal, Nigeria, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, and China. The food was delicious, though in some cases kinda random. For instance, North America (i.e. USA and Canada) had Mac and Cheese, Biscuits and Gravy, Cookies, Brownies and Ice Cream and Pierogis while Russia had Russian Cup Cake, Apple Pie and Cabbage Vegetable Rice. Not to say all were random, but those two definitely threw me for a loop. As well as Greece having Hummus and Lemonade in addition to Kabobs (yummy, though disappointing soulvaki) "Greek Salad" (which wasn't real Greek Salad but America's version of it, sad kittens), Lentil and Rice Pilaf, and Rizagalo Pudding.. Vietnam's was the best, though, hands down (even if Greece managed to win the contest, Greece was disappointing). Outside with all the food was a flea market, which we went to towards the end and there wasn't much left, but Hannah got two comfy shirts for cheap. There was also a booth to try on traditional clothes. We both tried them on. Hannah, I think, already put her pictures up on facebook. I will after I post this. They were surprisingly hot, they look so light and flowy, but we were both sweating. Inside there was a bunch of booths and displays for various food companies and different food items. There were also displays of food and they were so cool! I took a lot of pictures of them because the presentation was so awesome. All in all it was a lot of fun.
(UPDATE: I put up my pictures and added one to the post)

Getting there was a little interesting, we had to take the 59 bus downtown (sort of, there's a festival going on so the routes are a little wonky) where we caught the 1000 bus. We took that to the bus terminal which put is in the right area (I can't spell it for the life of me, but it's where Petra lived and I think Hannah's mentioned it before, starts with an S, anyway) and from there we grabbed a taxi. We were about to do this in reverse order to get home, but catching a taxi proved a little difficult. There was a comment made about us feeling awkward because we felt a little like hookers standing on the corner like that, then we saw a 1000 bus drive by and decided to just walk to the bus stop to wait for the next one. This turned out to be a problem because when we got to the bus stop there wasn't a sign for the 1000 bus. So we kept walking. That area is GORGEOUS. It was a really nice day out and the view was great. We ended up walking almost the entire way back to the bus terminal before we found a bus stop that had the 1000 bus on the sign. So we waited there. We were going in the right direction so we stayed on it. When our stop was coming up we pushed the button and stood up to start walking towards the front of the bus. This failed to get the bus drivers attention and he drove past 2 stops before finally stopping to let us off. Being adventurous that day we took the 98 bus (which came first), which also gets us in the area of home, but the 59 stops right in front of the apartment so we usually stick with that. Anyway. We finally got home with plenty of time to get ready for our next plan for the night, Britton's welcome back party.

We went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was me, Hannah, Britton, Heather and two of Britton's friends, Van and Da Hee (I think I spelled that right), who we hadn't met yet. They are so cool! Van also likes tennis and we had a mini-discussion on that. YAY making new tennis friends. After dinner Van had to leave but the rest of us hung out for a while longer. It was a good time. All in all it was a good day. Today (Sunday), I cleaned my apartment and realized that I can't do it as thoroughly as I would like because I lack the necessary supplies which made me sad. I have to find them at E-mart. I think I'm going go running with the running club later, but I'm not sure, I'm awaiting a text. That's all I have to say for now!

~Lyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment