Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dracula Time


My costume inspiration


Halloween is always, without a doubt, the one time of the year that makes me feel homesick. It happened in college, and it's happening now. Halloween is Ross' favorite holiday, and it's been a very massive bummer that for the last 5 years of my life I don't get to celebrate with him.


The last two Fridays have been Halloween parties for both A and B week. Lots of fun. The kids were really excited. Some have had Halloween parties with other teachers, some just liked the sounds of it. We talked about Halloween words, Halloween traditions. I was going to play Halloween bingo with some of my classes, but there were some serious issues with the copy machine and I abandoned that endeavor. I did Hansel and Gretel with some of my classes, and Sleepy Hollow with another class. All my tests were done on Thursday, and then Friday was all about snacks. I got Chocopies and lollipops for all the kids, in some classes we played games (or wrote Halloween stories as a whole class). I had a highly censored conversation with some of my 7th graders about how Halloween is celebrated in college and how people usually dress for Halloween in America. I dressed up as a baby seal with a fish on my head, a la my pillow. Koreans seem to like putting food on the heads of their cute animals.

Mr. Lee, our supervisor, was out most of Friday, because his wife was having their second baby! It was a boy! No definite name yet.

I'm hoping to attempt an apple pie in the near future, but first I need to go to emart and try to find a pie plate... Trips to emart always make me wish this residence was a little more permanent. It feels like home, I call it home, but I'm trying very hard to keep it in the same mentality I kept my dorm rooms. That said I'm always wishing I could spend a little more of my hard-earned money on nice things for my place (like a new set of curtains). Well, I have no real plans for the weekend, and my life is pretty safely uneventful. It is a nice change of pace to having my classes secretly recorded! I am frustrated because I have twice as many students as Lyn and Britton, and there are actual problems with the majority of my classes not having enough desk space for all the students. I mentioned it to the school's director, but he said there was nothing he could do. I need to revisit the issue, because students keep being moved into my classes, and its just not going to work, maybe if I had a bigger classroom, but not the way things are now.
To everyone back in the states, have a happy Halloween!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment