Monday, October 11, 2010

In case you were interested...

The 6th grade class that I complained about in my last entry?

One of the transplant students (and also my favorite student ever) recorded the class on his cell phone the other day. He brought that to his parents, saying that he didn't want to come back to the academy. His parent's brought that to the school. I was asked to name the students who were on the recording (the three boys I've had the most trouble with), explain exactly what was going on in the class, and then they had me listen to the recording. It was all in Korean, so I couldn't understand what exactly the boys were saying, but apparently it was pretty vulgar. It was bad enough that Mr. Kang is now considering kicking the boys out of the academy.

I have mixed feelings about all of this. On the one hand, I am of course thrilled with the prospect of getting rid of these insubordinate troublemakers. On the other hand, I'm afraid that this will reflect badly on me as a teacher, and I certainly don't want to come across like a pansy who is incapable of controlling her class.

So I guess we'll just have to see where this goes. On the bright side, they replaced my awesome work computer with a crappy one, and our Korean Class midterm is tomorrow!

Oh... wait...

~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment