Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lyn's Life = Fail

So, yesterday Hannah had the apartment problems with her water heater and had to come upstairs to shower in the apartment I'm staying in. Apparently this fail made my life jealous and it decided to fail too. Now, we've had some constant problems with the door-lock on Britton's apartment. It's a keypad lock and all of us (I'm not including Britton in this because I don't know if he has had issues) have had some issue getting it to unlock. I thought I had figured out the secret and I've been having minimal problems since the first few days of problems, but today took the cake.

Hannah and I went to E-mart to pick up some more groceries and other needed items. When we got back, I couldn't get the door to unlock. This isn't too unusual, but I got frustrated and grabbed Hannah to see if she could do it. The number pad was not acknowledging the fact that we were pushing the buttons. Then it stopped lighting up all together. So we went down to security, but no one was there. Hannah brought us to the office, which she luckily knew where it was because she had followed Sandy there to pay the condo fee, and we had a fun time explaining to the secretary (I think) what was wrong. She called someone who speaks English, Hannah talked to him and thinks it was Mr. Lee, and Hannah explained the problem again. Then the woman called her boss and we went back up to the apartment. We showed him the problem, again with the fun language barrier, and he called someone to fix it. After he left, on a whim, I decided to try the door once more, and this time it worked! So Hannah went to grab my grocercies which I stored in her apartment, and I waited inside. When she came back we decided to see if it would work again, so she tried it, and it wouldn't light up again, so we figured it was a fluke. Finally the repair guy came, and I showed him the problem again. He had to replace the whole thing. I still don't know what was wrong because I don't speak any Korean and none of them spoke English, but it works now, better then it did before so I'm happy. And now I have keys in the event of another emergency :) so it ended alright.

Tomorrow I start teaching so I'm off to hunt food and maybe poke at my lesson plans more. It's been a kinda stressful half hour or hour, not actually sure how long that took, but it was kinda stressful. Fun times.

~Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment